Testing is the process of evaluating a system or its component(s) with the intent to find whether it satisfies the specified requirements or not. The testing process Planning, design and performance of testing are carried out throughout the software development process. These activities are divided in phases, beginning in the design stage and ending when the software is installed at the buyer’s site. Cloud testing allows you to test your software on the cloud. This means you get to use your entire testing infrastructure on the cloud for web testing and application testing. Platforms like CloudTestMate (Automated testing Service)of Fusion Practices allows buyer for automated testing which de-risks the Oracle Cloud quarterly patch upgrade, ensures that testing is completed in hours instead of days. Fusion Practices adopts and practice an incremental testing strategy.
In order to conduct comprehensive testing, the test team needs to run an application on all possible devices that support different platforms, operating systems, and browsers. Oracle Cloud-based testing provides you with all these devices and configurations, eliminating the need to purchase all of them. Cloud-based tools are preconfigured by Fusion Practices, saving your time and money. We can also combine various testing environments and customize them to achieve the best possible result.
Testing is key to the success of the customer’s Finance and HCM Transformation programme given the business criticality of the financial data and applications. Fusion Practices ensures comprehensive testing using Agile4Fusion methodology and checklist. We carry out the following tests before going live:
- Unit Testing
- System Integration Testing
- Parallel Run
- Performance Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Automated Quarterly Patch Testing
We also follow a phase-wise approach to testing starting from the build phase whereas our iterative approach to testing focuses on early detection and resolution of issues and de-risks solution implementation. We pride ourselves in bringing a robust and well-thought-out perspective to testing, which we leverage as a preventative measure to de-risk solution implementation and protect business continuity. Our test methodology is always documented and discussed in detail during the design and build phase and is anchored on the following key principles:
- Managing business alignment and expectations by verifying solutions (components) against business requirements frequently in a modular yet increasingly integrated fashion
- Generating confidence amongst central core project resources through continuous knowledge transfer to champion the solution and generate local buy-in and acceptance
- Establishing a reusable test artefacts structure (e.g., cases) and an (automated) test case repository for efficient regression testing during the Initial deployment in support of subsequent releases
- Early Identification and focus on target day-in-the-life end-to-end business scenario testing using integration points and mock data
- Focusing on transparency and traceability back to the Requirement Traceability Matrix
Below is the summary of the various test phases inbuilt within Fusion Practices’ Agile4Fusion Methodology: