Prioritising adoption over traditional training, embracing tailored services, and ERP adoption for effective Oracle ERP Cloud rollout
In today’s fast-paced business landscape, enterprise applications such as Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle EPM and Oracle HCM Cloud serve as essential tools for organisational growth, streamlining operations, and maintaining a competitive edge. As financial operations, people management, and sales become increasingly reliant on cloud-based solutions such as Oracle HCM Cloud, Oracle Financials Cloud, and Oracle EPM Cloud, it is crucial for organisations to not only select the right enterprise applications but also to ensure that their workforce effectively adopts and adapts to ongoing updates and enhancements. The challenge of navigating complex transformation projects and maximising ROI on software investments calls for a re-evaluation of traditional training methods. In this blog, we will delve into the limitations of software training and explore the potential of tailored services and digital adoption in the context of Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle EPM Cloud, and Oracle HCM Cloud implementations.
Challenges with traditional approaches to training:
- Poor retention: Employees often forget up to 70% of the information they learn during training within 24 hours due to the ‘forgetting curve’. This makes traditional software training less effective for long-term knowledge retention.
- Siloed approach: Software training often focuses on application navigation rather than the actual business processes, limiting its impact on overall productivity.
- Lack of personalisation: Traditional training generalises tasks and features, ignoring the specific needs of different users or user types.
- Loss of productivity: Training sessions disrupt regular business functions, causing productivity losses.
- High costs: The cost of creating and delivering training courses can be prohibitive, leading to inconsistent and redundant training.
Our Comprehensive approach to ensure user adoption not just training
To overcome the limitations of application training, organisations should focus on both tailored services and digital adoption. Fusion Practices, experienced in Oracle higher education ERP and Oracle SaaS solutions, offers customised services that align with a company’s unique corporate goals, terminology, and business processes. We work closely with subject matter experts to understand and document an organisation’s requirements, delivering training on the specific functionality relative to business goals and processes. In addition, digital adoption prioritises business processes and provides continuous, real-time support tailored to the individual user’s needs. Here are some benefits of adopting this approach for Oracle ERP Cloud implementation:
- Personalised training and support: Designing and producing manuals, documentation, workshops, and presentations tailored to customer applications and business processes. This ensures that users receive training relevant to their specific needs.
- Two levels of training: Fusion Practices conducts workshops across teams, providing both end-user training and super-user training for administrators. This ensures comprehensive coverage and training for all direct, indirect, and backup users.
- Empowering core teams: Helping organisations identify key super users in each department, empowering them to take ownership of the application and transition knowledge to their counterparts.
- Multiple modes and formats of training: Offering workshop sessions for key super users, instructor-led classroom sessions for all users, and training documents in both PDF and Word formats, as well as training videos.
- Functional overview training: Designated team members undergo functional overview training in relevant Oracle modules, achieved through multiple product demo sessions.
- Hands-on training: Detailed training on the system is provided to core team members before the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) stage, ensuring that almost 95% of requirements are frozen.
- Walk-through sessions: A run-through of the final integrated Oracle system is given after the Production Transition stage, following a “train the trainer” approach.
At Fusion Practices through our proven customised approach, alongside digital adoption methods, we have helped our customers to overcome the limitations of traditional software training and effectively transition and adopt Oracle ERP Cloud implementation.