Azure Data Hub Implementation for a large UK Construction company
Sector : Construction
Azure Data platform for integrations with Oracle Cloud ERP
Fusion Practices secured the contract to deploy Azure Data Hub for a prominent construction client utilising Oracle Cloud ERP. The client’s IT strategy emphasized the exclusive use of Azure Cloud Data Platform for all data integration requirements. Our objective was to seamlessly integrate Azure Cloud Data Platform with Oracle Cloud ERP, ensuring that all enterprise-wide data integrations occurred within Azure, regardless of the ERP being on Oracle SAAS Cloud.
For this client, their ERP received data from 21 different source systems. They wanted to gather everything in one central place, put it in a Data Lake, and then clean and change the data into Marts. They used data mesh principles so that the business could use the information as needed.
To have data at the right time and place for business to power their forecasting reports and business to make decisions.
Integration monitoring dashboard with integration to Oracle Cloud ERP and ServiceNow
Faster and reliable data retrieval and uploads
Creation of knowledge repository
Break-Fix (corrective maintenance), Patch/System upgrades (adaptive maintenance)
Continuous improvement and continuous delivery using automated deployment pipelines.
Data Governance using Azure purview to catalog data for business to search what they want.
Design, Develop and Deliver
- RDesign end-to-end enterprise Data Warehouse using Microsoft Azure, decentralisation of data ownership and management
- RAutomate production deployments using Azure DevOps pipelines for faster turnaround time
- RData governance implementation using Azure Purview. Provides data dictionary and catalog for business to search for data. Empower individual teams to take ownership of their own data domains
- RInfrastructure provisioning accomplished using terraform
- RApplication monitoring and logging done using Application insight in Azure. Following architectural design patterns for better data lineage tracking
- RRequirement and Planning done using Azure DevOps boards, following an agile approach for better development and release lifecycle management
- R24*7 monitoring of service requests for critical issues in production
Product Delivery Lifecycle
- Improved month-end financial close process by reducing the close cycle. Data was available for business forecasting as a result of a clean and efficient ETL and data delivery process.
- SQL procedures written and data factory pipeline created were cleaning and transforming data at a 75% faster rate due to efficient index designing.
- User manuals and guided technical and functional documentation were created for a seamless business as usual transition.
- Dashboards and reports were created using PowerBI. User based involvement in data was achieved using PowerApps.
- Cost reduction due to automated deployment pipelines and faster development as a result of templating model.
What do Customers value in our partnership?
Our solutions are designed with a
customer first approach
We take care of end-to-end
implementation and offer
comprehensive support service
We are proven, trusted partners of top-tier companies across sectors such as finance, banking, insurance, and retail